Are You Ready to Prepare Yourself for the Security Career of Tomorrow?
The world of the security professional – whether cyber, physical, life safety, risk managers, and others – grows more and more complex every day with the advent of new and advanced technologies and ever-increasing threats.
And while much of the cybersecurity world seems like a mystery shrouded in technological buzz words and an endless stream of amazing new devices, the reality is that you don’t have to be a technical genius to understand the fundamentals of cybersecurity or to make a difference in protecting your organization.
In fact, it’s easier than you think to cross the physical/cyber security divide because your physical security career and knowledge provides the foundation on which to build your understanding of cybersecurity risks and how you can protect your people, information, and protect against those risks.
In fact, it's easier than you think to apply what you know already know in your physical security career to help understand cybersecurity risks and how you can protect your people, information, and property against them.
Cyber Security for the Physical Security Professional is the first course specifically designed to help physical security professionals learn the fundamentals of cybersecurity, so they can take the first steps towards crossing the physical/cyber security divide and prepare themselves for an exciting and rewarding career as an in-demand 360-degree security professional.
Cybersecurity In Plain English (No, Really!)
Cyber Security for the Physical Security Professional translates the technical field of cybersecurity into plain English so you will really be able to understand the world of cybersecurity.
And because it builds upon what you already know about physical security, the principles are easy to relate to and you can expect to have a number of "lightbulb" moments as you go through the course.
Who This is For
Cyber Security for the Physical Security Professional is ideal for any physical security professional who's ever wanted to take their security career to the next level - the cybersecurity level - but who may harbor some doubts about being able to learn cybersecurity.
- Security Supervisors
- Security Managers
- Security Directors
- Life Safety Managers
- Risk Managers
- Contract Security Managers
- Proprietary Security Managers
- And many more
What You'll Learn
Cyber Security for the Physical Security Professional is a comprehensive, self-paced video course that consists of 15 modules and covers everything you need to know to take your first steps towards an exciting new career as a in-demand 360-degree security professional.
- Business impacts of cybersecurity
- Fundamental connections between physical and cybersecurity
- Core components of Information Technology and how IT builds security
- Buzzwords and terminology you need to know
- Core cybersecurity risks you need to know
- Linking physical and cyber together in an operational way
- Understanding the "threat actors" (bad guys) from an intelligence perspective
- How attacks happen and what you can do about it
- The economics of different types of attacks and how they change business decision-making
- The Internet of Things (IoT), digital business impacts and drivers of risk
- Introduction to the dark web
- Putting all of this to work in your organization
- And much, much more
Industry Leaders Have Spoken
And here's a sampling of what they had to say.