The world of the security professional – whether cyber, physical, life safety, risk management, or other – grows more and more complex every day with the advent of new and advanced technologies and ever-increasing threats.
And while much of the cybersecurity world seems like a mystery shrouded in technological buzz words and an endless stream of amazing new devices, the reality is that you don’t have to be a technical genius to understand the fundamentals of cybersecurity or to make a difference in protecting your organization.
In fact, it’s easier than you think to cross the physical/cyber divide because your physical security career and knowledge provides the foundation on which to build your understanding of cybersecurity risks and how you can protect your people, information, and protect against those risks.
Cyber Security for the Physical Security Professional is the first course specifically designed to help physical security professionals learn the fundamentals of cybersecurity, so they can take the first steps towards crossing the physical/cyber divide and prepare themselves for an exciting and rewarding career as an in-demand cybersecurity professional.
Just a Handful of the Key Topics Covered Include:
- Fundamental connections between physical and cybersecurity
- Core components of Information Technology and how IT builds security
- Buzzwords and terminology you need to know
- Core cybersecurity risks you need to know
- Linking physical and cyber together in an operational way
- Understanding the “threat actors” (bad guys) from an intelligence perspective
- How attacks happen and what you can do about it
- The economics of different types of attacks and how they change business decision-making
- The Internet of Things (IoT), digital business impacts and drivers of risk
- Introduction to the dark web
- Business impacts of cybersecurity
- Putting all of this to work in your organization
Throughout the course, you'll be challenged by quizzes you'll need to complete – and pass – before progressing to the next lesson. And, upon successful completion of the course, you'll receive a Certificate of Completion, signed by the course creator.